You can install Windows 7, Vista, Windows 8 or Windows 10 by using a bootable USB disk if you don’t have a Windows installation DVD. Making bootable USB from ISO is pretty much easy, and all you need is a USB disk having at least 4GB storage capacity and a copy of the desired version of MS-Windows. If you have an ISO image of Windows, then We need to extract it using Winrar. After making a bootable USB using the method given below just copy the extracted files in USB.
Free tool for making bootable USB from ISO
The first step is to make your USB disk bootable. There are two methods for making bootable USB from ISO. One is by using a free tool provided by Microsoft to make bootable USB from ISO to use for Windows Installation.Click here to download the free Windows USB/DVD tool.
Steps to make bootable USB from ISO using Diskpart
The other method of making bootable USB from ISO involves a little effort, and this process can only be done by using a computer system on which Windows Vista or any later version of Windows is already installed. This process will erase all of the USB disk data so copy USB disk contents before you make it bootable.
Follow these steps to make a bootable USB disk
- Connect your USB disk into your computer and open the windows command prompt.
- Type Diskpart. Microsoft Diskpart Utility will open in a new window.
- Now Type List Disk. This will show you all the disk drives connected to your computer. Disk 0 is your hard disk drive, and Disk 1 is the USB disk.(if you only have one hard disk drive).
- Type Select Disk 1. This will select the USB disk.
- Type Clean. This will delete all the data and set every byte/sector to zero.
- Type Create Partition Primary. This will create a primary partition.
- Now type Select Partition 1. This will select the newly created primary partition.
- Type Format fs=NTFS. This will format the partition using the NTFS file system. This step will take some time to complete depending on the size of the disk.
- After the format process is finished type Active. This will mark the disk active.
Now your bootable USB disk is ready for use. You can use this disk to install Windows or any other purpose. If you want to use it for Windows installation then just copy the Windows files into it and boot your computer by using this USB disk.
Was this tutorial helpful for you ?? If yes, please share it with your friends on social media and leave your comments. We love to hear from you. Thanks.