Google Chrome is the most widely used and trusted web browser.Chrome updates provide you access to the latest features and also make sure you are safe from potentially harmful viruses and spyware. Sometimes you get an error message Google Chrome updates are disabled by the administrator on Windows 10 and earlier versions. This error prevents you from downloading the latest Chrome updates. Here is a quick and easy way to fix Chrome updates failed error.
Google Chrome updates are disabled by the administrator – solution
There are two ways to fix update failed errors. First, we try by resetting Chrome to its default settings. To do these follow these steps.
How to Reset Google Chrome
- Open Google Chrome and click on the menu link located at the top right. Click settings.
- On the next page click on settings in the left menu. Now click show advanced settings.
- Now again scroll down to the end of the page and click reset and clean up button.
- Click Reset in the newly opened menu.
- You can access this menu by typing “chrome://settings/reset” in the Google Chrome Address bar.
See Pictures below for guidance.
After doing this close all browser windows and restart your browser. Now again go to menu >> settings and click on about Chrome in the left menu and try to update Google Chrome.
Quick Fix: Google Chrome updates are disabled by your administrator Regedit Method
This method involves a registry edit to fix chrome update failed error. To do this, follow the instructions below. Create a registry backup before doing registry edits to prevent system crashes.
- Go to Start >> Run and type Regedit
- Windows 7 users navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Google\Update. (For Windows 10 users the path is HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Google\Update.)
- Click twice on default and set value data to 1.
Close Regedit and restart Google Chrome. Now Try to update.
The above-mentioned solution can be useful to fix Chrome update failed error 7. If none of these methods are working for you, please try to reinstall Google Chrome.
This was a quick and easy solution for ” Chrome Updates disabled by the Administrator” Error. If it helped you please share it.