Google Chrome is the most used web browser in the world.Chrome updates provide you access to the latest features and also make sure you are safe from potentially harmful viruses and spyware. Sometimes you get an error message Google Chrome updates are disabled by the administrator which prevents you from downloading the latest updates. Here is a quick and easy way to fix Chrome updates failed error.
Google Chrome updates are disabled by your administrator – solution
There are two ways to fix update failed errors. First, we try by resetting Chrome to its default settings. To do these follow these steps.
- Open Google Chrome and click on the menu link located at the top right then click settings.
- On the settings page scroll down to the bottom and click show advance settings.
- Now again scroll down to the end of the page and click reset settings button.
After doing this close all browser windows and restart your browser. Now again go to menu >> settings and click about in the left menu and try to update Chrome.
Fixing Chrome updates are disabled by your administrator error using Registry Editor
This method involves a registry edit to fix chrome update failed error. To do this, follow the instructions below. Please always take a backup of your registry while doing any edits to prevent any system crashes.
- Go to Start >> Run and type Regedit
- Windows 7 users navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Google\Update. (For Windows 10 users the path is HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Google\Update.)
- Click twice on default and set value data to 1.
Finally, close Regedit and restart Google Chrome and try to update. Hopefully, now your problem will be resolved.
The above-mentioned solution can be useful to fix Chrome update failed error 7 also. If none of these methods are working for you, please try to reinstall Google Chrome.
Did you got your problem fixed?? please hit the share buttons to share this page with other people.