The idea behind using remote desktop for gaming may have appeared ludicrous few years from now. But today, with the advent of technology, this dream of gaming remotely had become a reality. There are plenty of remote access software available which provides the user the ultimate remote gaming experience at remarkably low cost.
Gaming requires high-end configuration and the gamers crave for high-end graphics output and maximum FPS. The users are in quest of a remote access software which could provide them the ultimate remote gaming experience through WLAN or Wired.
We present you with a list of some of the best remote desktop for gaming available today.
Steam – In-Home Streaming
Steam in-home Streaming provides the gamers with an opportunity to remotely play games through all the devices around the house running Steam OS. Steam’s In-Home Streaming is undoubtedly an excellent solution for players who want to link their steam games with another device nearby.
Steam can transform your home cinema screen and gaming pc into one mega gaming console. The controllers send a signal to the remote computer which provides easy accessibility and high-end functionality to users.
Steam – In-Home Streaming Features
- Steam provide gamers an opportunity to play their Windows games installed on their gaming pc on devices running other operating systems. Currently, steam can link the devices running on MAC OS X, Linux, and SteamOS effectively with one another to provide you the best possible gaming experience.
- In addition to high-end gaming functionality, Steam also provides gamers with a chance to play high demanding games on lower-end systems. It gives the user unlimited access to accessibility in terms of games and helps in breaking the barriers of system requirements.
- An easy accessibility through your laptop and home theater PC is provided with the feature of In-Home Streaming. Providing an ideal alternative for streaming your games to devices throughout the home.
- Perhaps one of the most intriguing features of Remote Gaming through Steam is the ability to pick the games exactly from where you left off in another system. Another feature which helps in enhancement of Steam’s overall functionality.
Nvidia GameStream is another remote gaming desktop solution which is quite similar to Steam – In-Home Streaming. The Nvidia GameStream works through the NVIDIA SHIELD TV. It provides the user an additional function to stream video & other media effectively from the internet.
Powered by the Nvidia GeForce Experience, this solution has many pros & cons of its own. It provides the user with an experience similar to that of a gaming console with the same functionality of remote & game controllers. Though, it is quite expensive as compared to Steam. A user needs to have an appropriate Nvidia Graphics Card in order to enjoy the high-end functionality.
Though as with the Steam, the whole process is entirely reliant on Internet Speed. A high-end internet connection is required for generating the optimum results. High-Speed internet connection adds up to the cost of using the remote desktop for gaming though it does ensure the highest quality result. An experience which is worth every last penny for an avid gamer
Nvidia GameStream Features
- Nvidia GameStream gives your TV to manage high-profile games from your PC directly to your TV. Though, costly it gives the games the ultimate gaming experience in terms of graphics and FPS.
- Nvidia SHIELD comes up with its own remote and gaming controlled geared up with microphones for voice accessibility. It ensures the exceptional gaming experience or the Nvidia GeForce Experience.
- For systems running low on system requirements, Nvidia provides gamers to link up the games with the TV through Nvidia Cloud. A feature making the Nvidia GameStream somewhat more unique.
- Nvidia Shield Tablet Devices can also be used for playing games portably all across the house with high functionality. The hardware acceleration provided by Nvidia GeForce Experience is among the best available in the tech industry.
Monflo Remote PC Gaming
Monflo brings cutting-edge technology and excellent remote gaming user experience to the tech industry. It is known for proving a remarkable Remote PC Access. Monflo had now welcomed itself to providing stunning 4K quality and incredible lag-free gaming experience.
The online application is available for multiple Microsoft operating system and promises amazing results. The brand promises the highest caliber of gaming experience with stunning 4K quality – Features every gamer craves in regards to Remote Desktop Gaming. Monflo had become one of the leading software for remote PC gaming in the recent past. It offers high-end functionality at low cost.
Monflo Remote PC Gaming Features
- Monflo offers functionality across several devices running on Android & Microsoft Operating Systems. Offering stunning High-Definition up to 1080p results and 60 FPS. Monflo is providing all of this and more with guaranteed ultra-low power usage.
- It is proclaimed to be the fastest remote control software for the Android & Windows. It provides gaming enthusiast real-time remote gaming experience at remarkably low cost.
- With easy-to-use user interface & HD remote gaming experience, Monflo presents users with optimum solutions.
- Customizable game controls and with the accessibility across various gamepads ensures perfect Remote Gaming Experience.
- Monflo Remote Gaming offers high-end security and with an additional feature to play along with gaming buddies using Monflo.
Parsec is another spectacular remote PC gaming software that had shaken the tech industry down to its core in the recent past. Parsec is a game streaming software. It let the user connect gaming PC to an external device and assures excellent gaming experience.
It is primarily used for cloud-based gaming and is ideal for gamers who are in awe of high-end game streaming. Parsec aim is to configure and optimize network protocol, hardware-specific optimization, and video encoding. Its primary goal had always been to provide memorable gaming experience through the best game streaming technology.
Parsec Gaming Features
- Parsec offers a lot of remarkable features for the avid gamers of this age among them one of the most outstanding being rentable remote PC offering. This feature is specifically designed for gamers who don’t have a high-end gaming rig. A gamer can tailor a remote setup which is ideal for its gaming needs through its own unique choice of hardware specification.
- The hardware configurations charges are on the hourly basis, and the rates vary as per the configurations. Though, for moderate gaming, it is a cheaper yet highly functional alternative.
- Parsec promises consistent gameplay and high visual quality geared up with low-latency gameplay. Parsec offers similar services and various other remote gaming software through different flexible packages.
Best Remote Desktop for Gaming: Comparison
Steam – Live Streaming is a great alternative for gamers who have a strong Steam library. But Steam quite often miss out on producing the highest quality of streaming output. On the contrary, Nvidia ensures greater gaming experience, though it is rather much more costly than Steam.
Setting up Nvidia GeForce Experience may offer great perks, but for some gamers, the cost is just too high. Although, Nvidia promises greater gaming experience at all ends with better accessibility and game control options.
In addition to these two, Monflo & Parsec are high-end game streaming software which had acquired a great deal of attention in the recent past. Both of these remote gaming services offer gamers, a good gaming experience at remarkably low cost. These software flexibility in terms of price are making them win the hearts of avid gamers throughout the globe.
Using Remote Desktop For Gaming: Challenges
Using Remote desktop for gaming is becoming popular day by day. However, in this progressive road of success, there still exist some roadblocks along the way. The most prominent one being the connectivity & network issues. All of these remote gaming systems are dependent on stable network bandwidth & low latency.
Besides this, there do also exist an issue of scalability. In the nearby future, the remote gaming system would have to address the issue of increasing demand. The future systems need to be advanced enough to accelerate hardware fast enough to maintain quality due to the increased demands.
Using Remote Desktop For Gaming: Future
The future for the remote desktop gaming is extremely bright and gamers are expecting great advancements in the technology in the nearby future. Using remote desktop to play games is not a new concept in the gaming industry. Still, it’s an idea which is continuously evolving with the passage of time. Several different alternatives are available for gamers to select from for streaming game across various devices each having their own unique set of advantages.
The idea of Remote Desktop Gaming will only evolve with the passage of time, promising greater gaming experience and better results in the nearby future.
If you liked our article about choosing the best remote desktop for gaming, please share it with your friends.